Thursday October 1, 2020
- Workshop Recording
- General Volunteer Management Powerpoint - presented by Malin Clyde
- Nature Groupie - Working with Volunteers (includes links to all resources referenced by Malin)
- UNH Extension Volunteer Policy Manual
Working with volunteers can be rewarding and beneficial, but it can also be challenging and often leaves people wondering if it’s worth the effort. How do you create and maintain a volunteer program that balances both the needs of the volunteer with the needs of your land trust? Can a volunteer have fun AND do meaningful work that helps your land trust further its mission? YES!
Whether you’re a land trust looking to engage more volunteers, or a land trust with an existing volunteer program, join the NH Land Trust Coalition for an online workshop and moderated panel discussion about how to get the most out of your land trust volunteers. Learn about best practices for good volunteer management and hear land trust staff from around New Hampshire share their experiences.
- Malin Clyde, Community Volunteer Specialist, UNH Cooperative Extension
- Carrie Deegan, Community Engagement and Volunteers Director, Society for the Protection of NH Forests
- Dave Mallard, Land and Stewardship Director, Lakes Region Conservation Trust
- Kari Lygren, Educational Outreach Coordinator, Moose Mountains Regional Greenways